*To accept this award there are 4 rules*
1. Thank the person who gave you the award:
An awestruck thank you to Morgan at The Inklings of Life (and congrats on your award too!)
I recently found her blog and became instantly addicted. How cool would it be to be a good enough artist to be able to tattoo someone and have your artwork exist for a lifetime or until expensive, painful laser removal? Pretty darn cool!
Her blog isn't even about her inking talent, either. It's honest and touching and funny and very well written. Check it out, mmmmkay?
2. Share seven things about yourself
Oh lordy - this could get interesting
1. I was born and raised in North Carolina, but used to dream about marrying someone from New York City (and how awesome would it be if they were in the mafia!?!?) and living out the rest of my life in the city that doesn't sleep.
2. I was robbed at gunpoint when I was one of the managers of a Tijuna Fats Restaurant. We were locked in the office and the robbers disabled all the phones in the restaurant by either taking them or ripping them out of the wall. When I was 99% sure they were gone, I left the office and crawled on my stomach to the front of the restaurant to block the door since they also took my keys. For whatever reason, they didn't touch the payphone, so I called 911. I was fine until the police got there and then I couldn't stop shaking. No one was ever arrested and I was terrified every time I had to open or close the restaurant from that point forward.
3. R is my second husband. I knew my first husband most of my life, dated him for 4 years before we got married, but our marriage only lasted about a year. When I was getting my undergraduate degree in an evening degree program, one of my classmates also worked with my ex husband. Her comment to me, "Man, does he hate you!" Oh my.
4. My hair is seriously thinning on top and I have no idea why. Some days I care, some days I don't.
5. Miley Cyrus (and her dad) freak me out on so many levels, it's not even funny.
6. I am quiet until I get to know you. And then all bets are off. Because I'm generally soft spoken, people who don't know me well are sometimes stunned with things I say.
7. I will forgive just about anything, but I never, ever, ever forget.
3. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.
Done! Congratulations to my fellow bloggers and award winners! I love the reading all your blogs and thank you for writing them!