Friday, November 5, 2010

I've got to start paying attention

The movie theater here offers 'rush hour' prices. All shows between 4 and 6 during the week are only $4. Who can turn that down when there are three or four of you going?

Only problem - there hasn't been anything I thought the kids would sit through since the promotion started. And then we saw that Megamind opened today. Excellent! Let's GO!

I told R that I wanted to take the kids to see the 5 pm showing. He thought it was a good idea, and he said he'd meet us at the movie theater after work.

I didn't tell the kids until after T got home from school. I wanted it to be a surprise, and I figured it would be easier to get them in shoes and coats and into the van if they were excited about going somewhere. (It totally was.)

We got to the theater and were standing in line to buy tickets when I noticed: the rush hour offer was for all shows between 4 and 6 pm from Monday through Thursday.

Oooooooops. So instead of paying sixteen dollars we paid almost twice that. But it was my mistake for not paying enough attention to the details. This has been a bad week for me in that respect.

I have to say, though, the price was well worth it in the long run because we all had a wonderful time and the movie was really, really cute. I think it was more geared for tweens and up rather than kids T and S's age, but with Will Farrell, Tina Fey, and Brad Pitt doing the voice overs, how could you possibly lose? And besides, we got the large popcorn/drink combo and the kids went through two large popcorns (refills are free) which meant not only did we put a minuscule, barely noticeable dent in popcorn profits, but I didn't have to fix dinner. Double yay!

I think we should totally add family date night to the agenda. On, say, a Thursday or something.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Sounds like the day wasn't too shabby! I think Jake and I are headed for a movie date soon, but I'll pay attention to detail, unlike other people... ;-) hehe!

It's so hard sometimes, though! I feel ya! I mean, us mamas are just so lazy throughout the day, we better start workin on keeping a close eye on things ;-)

Have a great weekend!