Monday, May 2, 2011

Praying for the safety of our military and their families today

Last night, R and I were hanging out, getting ready for today. I was working on the blog entry I posted last night - paying semi attention to Celebrity Apprentice, when the interruption came. 


Bin Laden had been found and killed. 


I thought I would feel triumphant when this day came, so I was surprised to find I didn't.


I'm not the least bit sorry he's dead. But I wonder... is any of the grief of the families affected by 9/11 eased? What about all the families of the military troops who have lost a loved one or whose loved ones have been affected physically or emotionally? Is anything really better now? What about all the men and women on the front lines or serving overseas who remain in the line of fire - directly or indirectly? So many families at overseas bases who may now be targets of retaliation. 


There has been so much loss. So much has been sacrificed. And the loss and sacrifice isn't over yet. This is what is on my mind. 


What about you? 





No comments: