Saturday, October 2, 2010

Playdate

S and I were invited and actually attended a play date on Friday.

This is exciting news! Especially since I am a bizarro combination of shy/anti social/home oriented - and not only did I want to go, I was looking forward to it even though I didn't know anyone.

Friday morning rolls around and S is still sleeping at 7 am. I let her.

Time to see T off to the bus stop at 7:25 and S is still sleeping. I let her. Thank goodness for about the millionth time that the bus stop is so close to our house.

8 am and S is still sleeping. I so let her.

She finally gets up a little after 8. She eats breakfast, snuggles with me while we read some books, and chatters away about nothing and everything. But she does not want to get dressed. No worries, we have until 9:30 before we need to leave.

We leave at 10:00 am. Still, it's an open play date, no set arrival or departure time, so no worries.

Once we get there, S balks at going in -- until she sees all the other kids and neat stuff to play with. And then? It's on!

She runs.

She jumps.

She swings.

She bounces.

She hops.

She sees some buddies and also makes some new ones.

I didn't do too badly myself.

Whenever I start to question my decision to be a stay at home Mom? I can look back on days like today and be so very grateful that I'm able to stay home. Seeing S have the time of her life and my meeting so many really nice women? It was chicken soup for both our souls.

No comments: