Saturday, October 16, 2010

De-germing is apparently not possible

R is sick. T is coughing like he's been smoking 17 packs a day for 50 years. S is on the healing end (I hope) of the coughing thing.

So pretty much we've been passing around sickness of one form or another for what? Almost a month now? Yowsa.

Lysol and Clorox wipes, please don't break my heart by proving that we have some form of super germ that has formed from your overuse in this house. Give a mom a break.

My washer and dryer have been going full speed as I try to keep up with the piles of laundry that I'm creating. Bed linens, towels, clothes -- anything the kids might have touched or coughed on or germed up.

I'm just about to admit that I'm not winning this battle.

T came downstairs tonight in tears because his throat and stomach hurt so much from all the coughing he's been doing. Poor little guy. We tried to give him a cough drop, but he doesn't like them and won't leave them in his mouth long enough for them to help. That's actually okay with me because with the way he's coughing, I'm really worried that he could suck it down his windpipe and choke.

I used to go to sleep with chewing gum in my mouth. I've even gone to sleep with cough drops in my mouth before. I never worried about choking until I had kids.

Being a Mom is hard work.

Sigh.

We finally gave T some motrin (the non recalled kind of course) and he's resting a little more comfortably. I hope he can get some sleep.

No comments: