Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Workout Wednesday

I've got nothing good for you this week. No personal bests in lifting, no breakthrough in the cardio arena, no massive drop with the scale numbers. Just me, plugging along - chugga, chugga, chugga - in my little routine.


I think it's time to shake things up.


I signed up S for a new session of ballet, which occurs at the way more convenient time of 10:15 am. Today was her first class, and I was very surprised to learn that the ballet teacher does not want the parents in the room during class until the last week. That is one brave ballet teacher.

So. Here's my pledge to myself. For that 45 minutes that S is taking ballet, I'm going to add a super cardio session on to my Wednesday workout. I'm either going to walk a lap/jog a lap/walk a lap/jog a lap or do interval training on the treadmill - walk 60 seconds/jog 60/walk 60/ up the incline for a fast walk and then repeat the cycle. With any luck, I'll survive and make this a part of my daily routine. By the end of this ballet class session (we have six weeks left), I should see some serious improvement in my cardio stamina.

I did not get to start this today, because I had volunteered to help out in T's classroom. Mom and Richard came to stay with S and bring her home from ballet and I headed home to clean up, change, and go to T's school.

Sitting at a table with 5 kindergartners, all of a sudden my stomach clenched and cramped.

You have to be kidding me.

But no, my stomach was not kidding, and I said hello to a nasty case of stomach flu in the middle of T's Fall Harvest party surrounded by all sorts of food, beverages, and adorable little tots who wondered, but didn't ask why T's mom was a ghoulish shade of green.

I have to say one thing. Life is always interesting around here.

No comments: