Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pickled spaghetti

Last Friday, I made zucchini parmigiana as a way to sneak some more veggies into dinner.

Or so I thought.

Apparently, the days of being able to put tomato sauce and cheese on things to get the kids to try it are long gone.

T takes one look at it, sniffs and announces, "Gross! Spaghetti with pickles? NO WAY!"

::helpless giggling::

It never occurred to me that he'd think sliced zucchini = pickles. But honestly, I could see how he arrived at that conclusion and why he refused to try it.

No matter. R and I ate the zucchini and loved every bite.

I keep having this image in my head of T trying to impress a girl with his cooking by throwing pickles, ketchup, and cheese in a bowl and heating it, saying that his mom used to make it... Ahhahahahaaaaaaaa.

Anyway, today we were headed to the commissary after the Y and I asked him what he wanted for dinner.

T: I want spaghetti and meatballs, but not the pickled spaghetti you made the other night. Just regular spaghetti and meatballs, okay. NO PICKLES.

Pickled spaghetti. It's what's for dinner.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Haha! Only a kid! But that dinner sounds amazing! Way to cook it up!

Brooke said...

Thanks! It was pretty yummy.