Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's official, I'm out of touch

I'm trying to watch the VMAs.  I caught the last little bit on the first airing and because it's MTV, they'll show it about 400 more times between now and next years awards, so I wasn't about to miss True Blood to watch it.

I'm just going to say it. I don't get Lady Gaga. Granted, I grew up in the era of Madonna so this whole shocking people to stay relevant kinda makes me yawn. That's also why I do not watch Jersey Shore - cause you can see a train wreck like that just by being a bartender. Now don't get me wrong, I think Lady Gaga is talented and I like her music. But I don't get the rest of it. And frankly, her male persona reminded me of a cross between Benecio Del Torro and Ralph Macchio (in the Outsiders).

I also don't get why Lil Wayne was wearing pants that were that tight but still didn't cover his underwear. Did he have those custom made? Wouldn't that be irritating to his...you know...boy parts?

Loved the tribute to Amy Winehouse and Bruno Mars' cover of Valerie. I couldn't believe how many people I didn't recognize. Old. I felt old. And a little out of place being my age and watching the VMA's. Also, is it just me, or did it look like the Biebs was pouting all night? Must be the breakup. Adele rocks. Katy Perry's hair - was it pink or purple?

And so concludes my brief review. Can you tell I pretty much only saw the first and last 20 minutes?  Frankly, it was enough.

1 comment:

Nikki Johnson said...

I probably could have gotten away with watching that much as well. Thanks for the comment <3