Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm not so good with waiting

Have you ever read Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss? I love that book.

Right now I feel like I'm in the waiting place.

Waiting for an email or phone call or a letter from someone I want to hear from, but need to wait until they contact me.

Waiting to discover if T has step throat and if the rest of us will get it.

Waiting to see if the stomach flu S had yesterday will claim the rest of us this week.

Waiting for word to come down about deployments and PCSing.

Waiting for my long awaited girls weekend at the end of September with my friend Chris.

Waiting, waiting, waiting......

Waiting in doctor's offices or to be able to make an appointment.
Waiting in traffic.
Waiting in lines.
Just waiting.

And in the meantime, life is just whizzing by.

I'm thinking Dr. Seuss was onto something with that book. What's going to happen is going to happen. I think I'm pretty much done putting life on hold to wait.

I hope I get the call, email, or letter. I hope we don't get sick. I hope R doesn't get deployed. I hope our next duty station is actually somewhere we want to do.

I hope for all these things, but I have no control over whether or not they happen...not really. So, I say goodbye to waiting and hello to living.

Starting......now.

1 comment:

Cheap Baby Favors said...

waiting is most boring thing to do!