Monday, August 22, 2011

Now I'm Yard...Yard Sale-ing

The title is being sung in my very tired brain to the tune of "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty.

I've been having a song lyric filled weekend (at least in my head) and at times this new affliction of mine is causing me to break out in giggles most inappropriately. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But back to my original blog post idea....

In Germany, there was an online garage sale website that was heavily used. That's how we got rid of most of the kids outgrown clothes, and other stuff we weren't going to use any more or be able to take back to the States.

Once we landed and settled, I wasn't impressed with the online sites I found and I'm just not an ebay or craigslist kinda gal.

UNTIL! Someone had the genius, and I mean that with absolutely no trace of sarcasm whatsoever, idea to create some Facebook groups.  After our last disastrous yard sale attempt in May, I decided I was going to try to sell the rest of our stuff online. I finally got around to creating an album of items I managed to take pictures of and I posted them on Friday.

Man! Did we move some serious merchandise. It has been absolutely painless to list and sell our stuff this way. I've only had positive experiences from the group I use the most - mainly because the administrators run a tight but fair ship. I can't wait to list more things  and see that very overcrowded corner of our garage empty right out.

But for now, I'm going to work on creating some yard sale lyrics to the tune of Free Fallin' because I won't be able to get the chorus from auto repeat out of my brain until I do.

No comments: