Saturday, July 23, 2011

Underwhelmed

I can't sleep.

Bummer.

Now that I don't drink caffeine very often, the tea I had with dinner is seeming like a huge mistake. Because hey hey hey - I'm still awake at 2:30 am. Woooooooooooo!

And as I do when I can't sleep, I'm watching trashy tv.

Tonight? I'm watching Oprah's OWN network. What's on, you might be wondering? Some reality show about Shania Twain.

Ooooh, I loved me some Shania in the 90's!

The Shania I'm watching at the moment? I'm sad to say that I am underwhelmed and quite a bit disappointed. I feel badly for her with all the tragedy life has handed her, but I don't know. She's not coming across well to me. (Yes, I'm very aware that my opinion matters not at all in the scheme of things and also that I haven't changed the channel.) Her sister Carrie seems pretty awesome, as does her current husband. But I find myself wondering if she married him just to have a husband or if there's an actual relationship there. Then again, I've only been watching for about two hours.

But seriously, Oprah honey, what are you doing with this program line up and advertising plan? So far the commercials have been for a Trojan (as in the condom makers) personal massager, some yappy makeup lady trumpeting about "having a fierce face" in five minutes IF you use her make up kit. Make up lady's voice is really, really, really, really, really, really annoying. Also, I think make up lady has been watching too much America's Next Top Model and So You Think You Can Dance with all the screeching and throwing around of the word fierce. The commercials for the Ryan and Tatum O'Neal show look equally horrible.

Wow. Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm just really tired, but this Shania show makes me never want to hear another thing from or about her again.

Bummer.

Has anyone else seen this? What did you think?

No comments: