Monday, July 18, 2011

Biting the bullet

Last week, my cell phone had a horrible accident. The charging port got messed up when both R and I thought part of the car charger had broken off in the port. Turns out it hadn't, and our trying to play Operation resulted in the phone not being able to charge.

Oops.

So I had to get a new phone. It was more difficult than I thought to decide. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but we have unlimited web and texting, so I wanted to get a phone that would allow me to take better advantage of those two things. I ended up with a middle of the road phone, but I gotta say, I really love it. It doesn't take me five minutes to compose a simple text and when I want to look up something online, by golly, the new phone does not time out.

R, after playing with my phone off and on all week, decided he'd really like a new phone too. So Saturday we  went to Best Buy to look at the one he liked. Well, okay, he looked at it and I went to the music section. I was looking for a mix cd of Zumba type music, but I didn't find one. Guess what I did find! Zumba for Wii. And, Best Buy was having a special for buy two games, get one free. Can you say Christmas gifts for the kids? Cause I sure could

This morning R played with his phone, I fired up the Wii and Zumba'd for a while. The kids were all into it and excited at first, but S petered out after about three minutes and T made it for about 10. I made it through the learn the steps and the first workout. I can tell you this, I'm glad I set my level to easy because after 20 minutes, I had a serious sweat going on. Which is a very, very good thing. If I'd been able to do the hardest level from the beginning with no sweat (literally), I'd feel like I'd wasted my money.  But now I can Zumba at home to my heart's content.  So anyone that would like to join the Zumba party with me, come on over!

No comments: