Tuesday, July 12, 2011

As Buster Poindexter would say, it's Hot Hot Hot!

I left the house this morning to take the kids to camp, and the only phrase that came to mind to accurately describe how it felt outside was hot soup. At 8:45 am, it was 88 degrees. This, as you can possibly imagine, does not bode well for my heat intolerance.

I dropped off the kids, did a quick workout, walked to my car, and double checked to make sure I wasn't actually melting.

So now it's 7 pm here and I'm very on the fence about Zumba tonight. It's so doggone miserable outside that I don't even want to face it for the very short walk from the parking lot into the Y. But I slacked off today on my a.m. workout because I had planned to go to Zumba. I've got a doctor's appointment next week and at my weigh in Sunday was up 2 1/2 pounds. I really need to get that back off because it can feel it dragging me down more than I can see it.

Okay. So, now it's 7:07. I'm going to be really disappointed in myself if I spend the night on the couch not burning calories.

Fine.

I'm going.

Yes, right now.

Sigh.

No comments: