Thursday, July 14, 2011

Say what?

I've been fighting the blues lately. No big deal, probably hormone related. I had to force myself to go to Zumba last night and as usual, I'm so glad I did. My favorite instructor was there, and I'm always amazed how fast her classes go by. By the time I headed home, I felt normal again (whatever normal is and means, right?).

Today I was at the Y, and a fellow Y-goer that I haven't seen in a really long time looks at me funny and says (after we exchanged cheerful hellos, mind you) "Who has made you so sad?"

Wait, what? Sad? I look sad? Huh.... I glance at my reflection in the mirror. I don't think I look sad in the least.

"Sad? I'm not...." I begin and he interrupts.

"Who's been mean to you? I'll set 'em straight."

I give him my most (I think) dazzling grin and say, "You're confusing me with someone else, I think."

His reply? He looks right through me (don't you just hate that) and says, "I know better. I can SEE you, you know."

I'm all off balance and wondering what facial expression it could be that I'm now apparently in the habit of making that makes me look sad to others. I shrug and say, "I don't feel sad."

He gives me this knowing look and says, "Okay..."

I ask my workout partner, "Do I look sad to you?"

She says I do not.

But you know, it's been bugging me all day why he thinks so and why he said that.

It's official. I'm going to have to start walking around and grinning like an idiot for no good reason again. ::Snort::

No comments: