Friday, April 20, 2012

The World According to Sara

We were off to such a good start this morning. The kids woke up in a good mood, got ready for school with no problems, ate breakfast without complaining. For about 30 minutes, I wasn't sure if I was in the right house.

After Tucker left for school, Sara and I hung out until it was time to leave to take her to school.

Everything was hunky dory.

Then we got in the car.

I guess she sat on some sort of personality switch because all of a sudden, my adorable sunshine and light child turned into a screeching banshee.

To the best of my ability, this is a list of her complaints from the 15 minute car ride this morning.

Brace yourselves. And be glad this isn't a video blog because I totally would have taped and posted her today.

I didn't play the right version of a song on my iPod.

When I corrected it - scratch that - attempted to correct it, it was TOO LATE to FIX it! WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So, I switched it to a song I had the audacity to want to hear.

Bad move on my part.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I turned off the stereo completely and really, really made her angry.

SCREECCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So I pulled the car over and waited as patiently as I could for her to calm down. I did better than I expected, even managing to calmly explain why the radio was off, I had pulled over, and why her behavior was so not okay.

After she tearfully and only slightly insincerely apologized, we got back on the road and kept going.

And then it started to rain, which simply must have reminded her of crying or something, because she burst into tears and when I asked her what was wrong....

Sara: "Tucker's window has more rain on it than my side and THATSNOTFAIR!!!!"

Sigh. Are you kidding me?!?

Me: Seriously?!? You are SERIOUSLY complaining that there's more water on Tucker's side of the car?

Sara: Ye-eeee-sssssss (sobbing hysterically)

I grabbed my bottle of water, rolled down the window, and twisted my arm back, and poured about half of it down Sara's window.



Me: There. Is that better?

Sara: uh *snuffle* huh.

When I came home after that, I totally went back to bed.

Next time, I'm stopping the car again and doing the most embarrassing rain dance I can think of.

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

I love that you dumped your bottle of water on her window to make her happy! What a great mom!!! Hope all is well.