Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Pretty Perfect Day

As deployments go, this one is going pretty well so far.

Knock on wood, plastic, laminate, whatever it takes. I'm sure at some point I'll get hit with the deployment curse, but until it happens, there's no need to worry about it.

The hardest part of deployments for me are weekends. During the week it's somehow easier to stay busy. On the weekends, there's just too much...time. The house seems so much emptier without Robert. This time I'm trying to keep us busy on the weekends too.

Today we had a baby shower for our former babysitter and it was Parent's Night Out at the Y. By the time I got up, gave the kids breakfast, worked out, showered and gave the kids lunch, it was time to leave to go to the baby shower. From the baby shower, we headed straight for Parent's Night Out. After dropping the kids off, I rented a movie, grabbed some dinner, and spent a very pleasant evening in my still clean house.

If the rest of the deployment goes this well, it's going to fly by! (Crossing fingers and knocking on wood.)

Shower pictures (because you don't need or want to see pictures of me watching a movie and drinking a fruit smoothie):



No comments: