Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

It's 2012.

Holy passing time, Batman.

At some point in my 20's, I was celebrating New Year's and someone told me (my apologies that I can't remember exactly who, but I was over 21 and it was New Year's so a bit o'alcohol was involved) that whatever you were doing at midnight on New Year's would be the thing you were doing for the rest of the year.

So far I have not found that to be true. Maybe that's why I can't remember who told me that. Cause, you know, even though I was talking to them that New Year's, I haven't been talking to them since.

This year, we got together with some friends and actually made it until midnight, kids included. It was nice. Low key, relaxing, good family time. And I know that it is doubtful that our year will continue in that pattern. Robert's deploying and in my experience, that's not exactly a relaxing thing. I'm already gritting my teeth in preparation for the deployment fall out.

Last time, the kids and I both got sick right after he left which led to my appointment with one of the biggest a-holes on the planet, I had to take Tucker to a pediatric neurology appointment in Ramstein that did not go well on any level, Tucker slammed his finger in the bathroom door and had to have his finger surgically put back together, and I gained like 30 pounds. Fun!

But all that's in the past. I'm sure there are going to be...complications....with this deployment too. But whatever it is, we'll get through it. By the time the kids get out of school for the summer, the deployment will almost be over. Much better than being stuck in a third floor apartment with two kids under 4. In a foreign country. And very few friends. And horrible neighbors.

Happy New Year, people!


No comments: