Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I've got 99 problems and my sinuses are 98.

Because of bad weather (and this time we actually HAD bad weather), the kids got out of school on noon on Tuesday and didn't go back until yesterday. Snow for the kids involves fun - sledding, snow angels, snowball fights, two million footprints leading from one place to another, and hopefully playing with the neighbor kids.

Snow for adults is a little different. Shoveling driveways, cleaning up puddles of mud and water in various places in the house, fixing lots of hot chocolate, and doing lots of extra loads of laundry. None of which I minded for a change because we had SNOW.

After a week full of family fun and togetherness, Saturday my nose was runny. By Sunday night I felt like Lizzie Borden was a house guest and was using my head for ax practice. Sinus problems. Yuck! The pressure is making my eyes and teeth hurt and my ears feel like they are going to burst when I blow my nose.

I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm taking vitamin C. I don't like decongestants because they make me feel funny and give me strange dreams. Then again, I also don't like to be a snotty, drooling mess when I sleep because my nose is too swollen to allow air to pass. (None shall pass! - I love Monty Python) So, it's quite the dilemma at 5 am. Medicate and sleep but not rest well, or struggle to breathe and feel like my eyeballs are going to pop right out of my head and still not sleep well what with the nasal drainage and cracking lips from being a mouth breather. Decisions, decisions....
this just looks delightful! and no, that's not me

I think I'm going to purchase a neti pot after I take the kids to school today and see if I can get some relief. If Dr. Oz endorses it, what's the worst that could happen? A brain eating amoeba? What are the chances of that? ::attempted snort, but my nasal passages are too swollen:
















No comments: