Wednesday, February 5, 2014

10 Places I...

...prefer not to go

1) the mall. I'm not much of a shopper unless I really need or want something. Unless we are talking about home improvement stores or anywhere that sells cool gadgets. But large crowds make me uncomfortable and lately it seems like people lose all manners once they step into a store.

2) the dentist. It all comes back to getting my braces off the summer before ninth grade. I had small cavities on two of my back teeth and I was terrified of the Novocain needle, so the dentist for some reason drilled without it. The bright side to that is that I am no longer afraid of the Novocain needle.

3) any event where I don't know anyone. I don't think I'm anti-social, but I've been wrong before.

4) camping. I'm as outdoorsy as Carrie Bradshaw, minus the pie making. I don't really like dirt, bugs, snakes, or sweating for no reason. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I'm the kinda girl who loves a nice hotel room.

5) the zoo. I have no good reason for this, I've just never gotten super excited about the zoo. I've taken the kids to the zoo in Germany, in North Carolina, and in St. Louis. I enjoyed watching them enjoy the zoo, but that's about it.

6) anywhere super humid. Humidity and I don't like each other. I think it's because of all the unnecessary sweating it causes. Ironically, I grew up in the south which is fairly humid.

7) sales meetings. Until recently, I was a Beachbody coach and every year Beachbody has a giant convention/event/gathering. I never had any desire to go to one, even thought I probably could have met Tony Horton or Shaun T.  Too many people, too much rah-rah-rah, and sharing a hotel room with 3 other people that aren't really good friends or family? Um, no thanks. I want to hide under my covers just typing this. *coughintrovertcough*

8) auctions. I get way, way, WAY too caught up in the process and can totally see myself spending $10 for $2.50 salt and pepper shakers, much less something of actual value. I'm the girl that would spend my $300 in auction money on Survivor for boiled eggs. Sad, I know, but the truth nonetheless.

this never happens to me!
9) a poker game. I am absolutely the WORST poker player on the planet. If I'm going to go to poker game, I may as well hand out copies of my ATM card and the pin number because I will lose. A lot. Want to know a good poker player? My sister in law Lisa is always winning. It's astonishing.

10) anywhere I might run into a snake. Because snakes freak me out. I know it's an irrational fear, but I can't even watch those shows on TV where people mess with snakes. ::shudder::

What places do you not want to/not like to go?

No comments: