Sunday, January 12, 2014

Can I just get my...

...fake award speech out of the way tonight?

It's Golden Globe night, you guys! Award season is in full swing!

Normally, I'm not a big one for awards shows, but obviously someone has hit me on the head and slightly altered/partially replaced my personality.

OR - I'm just so bereft at the fact that The Walking Dead isn't back for another month that I'll watch anything else on Sunday night.

I was kind of hoping they were nominated, but I was way too lazy to even check on that. (They weren't.)

Plus, I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and they were hosting. So, there you go.

When I was little, I wanted to be famous. I didn't really know famous for what, I just wanted to be onstage in a beautiful dress with hair and make up done thanking people for helping me get to where I was. But, recognizing that I didn't possess that caliber of talent, that little fantasy has always remained just that.

Well, until tonight!

Tonight I'd like to thank all of you who read this blog, who comment on it, who share it with your friends, who email me. I'd like to accept the generous, generous gift of your time and attention. Even those out there who read this and use my words to make fun of me. Thank you too, because 1) you are still reading, 2) it helps me not to take myself too seriously, and 3) it helps me not to take non-constructive criticism to heart anymore. (That's HUGE!).

I am honored that my words can touch you in some way, that you think I'm a good story teller, and that you can relate to what I put out there. I write for me, but it's the most amazing feeling to know that people who aren't your teachers and who haven't assigned this piece of writing are reading your words. So thanks! Thanks for sharing  your lives back with me. Just...thanks!

No comments: