Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

It's January 1st.

My gosh, time went by so quickly this year. Err...I mean last year.

We moved from Illinois to North Carolina. I had a really, really hard time with this move, which is not exactly a secret. Changes are difficult. Changes you don't want to make are even more difficult. I absolutely could have handled it better.

Even without the move, it was an eventful year. I had surgery, my grandmother and my step mother passed away, and this year seemed peppered with some ridiculous, unnecessary drama. **coughtempertantrumscough** And let's not even talk about the constant uncertainty that surrounds Robert's job since he works for the federal government.

One of the things I appreciate when not-so-great things happen is that the good things in my life seem to glow more brightly. I've got a wonderful husband. I have funny, sweet, extraordinarily entertaining children, I know some of the most amazing people on the planet, and I know they've got my back.

We live in a beautiful town. We have enough food to eat and weather appropriate clothing to wear. There are many people that we love that love us too. We can pay our bills. We can heat our home. We found a great churches to attend. Overall, we are very blessed, very lucky, and very loved.

And now its 2014.

Time to move forward, right? Right!

::dusts off hands::


SO! I have joined a writing prompt challenge for January. Each day, we are given a prompt for a blog posting.

Here is the prompt for today: goals and resolutions (blog and personal) for 2014.

Here's the thing: I'm not a huge resolution maker. I've made them plenty of times before and I've broken way more than I've kept. I'm much better about goals. Yes, I know they are practically the same thing. No, I don't know why I'm all attitude-y about it.

That said, my personal goals for 2014 are pretty simple and straightforward: treat my body better. That includes eating cleaner (as few processed foods as possible), getting back into my exercise habit, flossing more often, not allowing myself to be guilted into things I don't want to do. I also want to end any relationship that's unhealthy, no matter who or why. I want to be kinder, more patient and understanding with the kids, and learn how to forgive and forget.

It's a pretty tall order for me.

My blog goals are to write at least three times a week. I'd also love to get 100 likes on my blog Facebook page (I'm only one away, so it's going to be pretty sad if I can't make that happen). And that's it, since my personal goals are going to take a lot of work.

So that's it for me today. See you tomorrow. Same blog place, same blog writer. Too corny? Yeah, I thought so too.

No comments: