Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Workout Wednesday

For this Workout Wednesday I'd like to talk about guilt.

I've noticed that I have a lot of guilt. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt.

Last week with Mom and Richard and Bob and Sandy here for Thanksgiving, I found myself trying really hard to make everything perfect and then feeling guilty when it wasn't. And when I feel like this? I deal with it by over eating. Then I feel guilty for over eating. And queue vicious cycle.

Obviously, this gets me nowhere except where I do not want to be. Which also happens to be just where I am, if that makes sense.

Workout wise, I'm doing fine. I've stuck to the additional cardio and I can see a difference in my workouts. Now I just need to get the mind/body/nutrition part back on track and I think I'll start seeing progress again.

As for how to deal with the guilt issue...that's going to have to be a work in progress.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I totally get what you mean about guilt. We just want to do right by our loved ones :-)

It's so hard not to overeat!! Especially with deployment, I'd love to write off food delivery as a necessity for mental health, but it doesn't work out so well!

Just keep pluggin'....you're doing great!

Tattedmom said...

Ditto what Sammie said, lol. I couldn't have said it better myself....

=)

Brooke said...

OOOOH! Food delivery as a necessity for mental health - that is a brilliant idea. We should start a petition.

I've always been the attempted peacemaker in my family. The problem with that is a)it never works b)then it makes me the focus of ire and snappishness c)I end up agreeing to all sorts of stuff that pisses me off later for the sake of keeping things peaceful.

It's long past time for me to put on my big girl panties and do what's best for my family, which I really do try to do, but old habits die hard. Plus, I hate sitting around in a room filled with tension. Especially when getting the silent but disapproving treatment. Good grief - how old am I? Sigh.

Just like weight management and all things worth doing, it's a work in progress.

Samantha said...

I can relate so well to the guilt issue. In fact, I had a draft on my blog about my guilt issue in regard to my own parents, especially after being around them in Florida last week.
Keep up the great workouts. It sounds like you're doing great. I hope to see you at Zumba again soon.