Thursday, December 9, 2010

I got the amoxicillin, but the pharmacy got the last laugh

After two interesting conversations with medical staff on base, I got T's medication switched. What they didn't tell me was that the pharmacy was closing at noon today. Which would have been helpful seeing as how I got the good news around 11:15. But - the important thing is that T will get to take medicine that doesn't make him gag. I am astounded at how wonderful he was about taking that nasty, nasty crap. I'm also astounded that they think kids are going to take that particular penicillin with any willingness at all. I feel like I can still taste it, a day and a half later. They could market it as a lip plumper. OOH! It tastes like Novocaine feels, if that makes any sense.

S had a wonderful day today and so did T, so that makes me feel so much better. It's been horrible to be so under the weather and not able to comfort them the way I wanted to while they were sick. I'm grateful they have bounced back so quickly. Must be all that sheet and comforter sanitizing. ::snort::

And since I still can't shake this fever without meds, I'm off to bed. A whole week of going to bed at a reasonable hour and I'm STILL sick?

Oh wait - maybe that's the problem.

No comments: