Friday, April 11, 2014

The Power of Friendship

**this should have been posted March 12**

Last weekend, I got some long overdue time with a very dear friend. One of those friends that I can not see for weeks, months, possibly even years and we will pick up like we saw each other yesterday.


Within the last week, all hell had broken lose. Dad was in the hospital for a few days with an infection that for a while seemed like it might require an amputation (it didn't, thank God!). Saturday night Sara ate something that didn't agree with her and threw up in her sleep. Then Sunday night, Sara fell and we ended up taking her to the ER as a precautionary measure (always, always better safe than sorry!). She's fine, but many people waiting with us in the ER were NOT okay (welcome to Pukeville, USA) which ended up in our house with Tucker having a wicked case of stomach virus.

I cannot say it enough to my kids. Soap and water and hand sanitizer. Repeatedly.

Too bad they don't listen.

Robert was exhausted from being up most of the night three nights in a row, and then on top of severe stomach pain, apparently pulled a muscle in his side back while carrying Sara to the car and/or into the ER on Sunday.

So I'm even more grateful for my girl's time during the weekend. Because with everything that happened from Sunday forward, instead of getting all stressed, I just did what had to be done, which mainly involved lots and lots and lots and lots of laundry. And sanitizing. Lots and lots of sanitizing.

So to all you parents out there - especially you fellow Moms - I say this from the bottom of my heart: taking care of you lets you take care of yours a whole lot better.

No comments: