Saturday, April 12, 2014

Confession Friday

Today I read two posts by Single Dad Laughing. One was about secrets and one was about confessions. They hit me hard. Like the "KAPOW!" on the original Batman series from the 60's.

::overanalytical brain function jumps into hyperdrive:: I. Must. Overanalyze. This. At. Once.


Do I have secrets?      Oh, you bet I do.

Would I feel better if I told them?   Maybe. 

Do I have things I need to confess?    You bet your bippy. 

Am I going to do that?        Ummm, well......I really don't know. 

Sometimes it's good to share and sometimes? Sometimes it just causes more trouble than it's worth. 

So, baby steps it is...confessions are easier so we'll do those today. 

Confession #1

I don't have a good relationship with my brother. After years of up & down, on &off, I finally just decided to stop trying to make it what I wish it was and accept it for what it is. 

Confession #2

I'm jealous of people that have good relationships with their siblings (see also confession #1). 

Confession #3

I have no patience for children with a sense of entitlement and I'm torn between wishing my kids understood how lucky they really are and being grateful that the life they are living has been stable enough that they don't really understand what I mean when I tell them they are most assuredly blessed. 

Confession #4

I roll my eyes at hashtags even though I know I'm painfully, woefully behind the times on social media. I realize I'm showing my age and un-coolness by not jumping on the hashtag bandwagon. And if I ever use them, it's a 97% certainty I'm being sarcastic.  


*disclaimer - the Jimmy Fallon/Justin Timberlake hashtag sketch make me laugh until I cried. So there's that...

Confession #5

I saw something on Facebook the other day that there is a connection between people who take tons of selfies and mental illness. I could not agree more. You know what old school selfies are? Mirrors. 

Your turn! 

No comments: