Friday, March 14, 2008

It's time to "Bee" real

After dropping T off at preschool this morning, I was determined to come home and get some "stuff" done. I've been doing "stuff" all my life and my house still isn't the way I want it and I still have a junk drawer and even though I spend what seems like and extraordinary amount of time sweeping, mopping, straightening, and cleaning I still have a cluttered and sometimes messy life.

By no means am I a neat freak. I'm already borderline neurotic about certain things (my Tupperware cabinet, the way the pantry is organized... I could go on forever) and to actually expect perfection anywhere in my household would send me right on the express train to OCD-ville. There's always dust on the bookshelf, and it seems like there are fingerprints (big and little) everywhere. Not to mention all the spots of apple juice, milk or who knows what that I apparently can't see until the dust bunnies stick to them like mice on those glue sheets. But hey, that's a two for one, and unless S licks the floor - which hasn't happened yet, but is still a distinct possibility - I'm okay with that.

I realized on the way home that I needed pull ups for T (who is now making peepee in the potty IF he's already in the bathroom and needs to go) and a couple other things. The problem is that it's 9 am and neither the BX or the Commissary opens until 10. We all got up early this morning, and S is almost ready to nap. So, since the Shopette is open at 9, I'll just run in there and see how much more expensive the pull ups are there. But, of course, they didn't have pull ups. So I'm wandering around the aisles which are filled with Easter candy and it hits me that Easter is in two weeks and I haven't even thought about Easter baskets or dyeing eggs or any of that stuff. SIGH. So, I'll put that on my to do list with other "stuff". I don't think the one of me is ready to deal with the two of them and egg dye. No, I KNOW I'm not ready. Fortunately, they don't know the difference yet, so we'll try next year. But I did see the wax and sticker decorating kit. I'm all about that, I just have to remember where I saw it. And hope there's still one left.
Then I see the "Bee Movie" on the rental shelf and I think - hmmmm, that would be a fun thing to incorporate - Movie night. No time like the present, so I rent it. When S and I pick up T from school, Mrs J looks much less frazzled than she did on Wednesday. I'm glad. Five boys and one girl do not make for great listeners at the age of 3. She says that he did much better today. Yay!!! So, when we come home and get settled in after S eats, we turn on the movie. I'm shooting for early bedtime tonight since the NAF sale is tomorrow really early. The NAF sale is when all the used furniture is sold to the military public. I've heard you can get some good deals, and we need a couple of items - a dresser for us and for S and possibly some chairs for our kitchen table. I really hope I can find something that works for us. How I'm going to get it up the stairs is another matter entirely, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

So! I turn on the movie and it's really cute. I'm not a huge Seinfeld fan, but I really liked the movie. And it hit me as we were watching the movie and T and I were trying to build a Lego bridge for his trucks and S kept collapsing it and laughing hysterically that right now, in this moment, none of the "stuff" that seemed so important to do this morning really matters. Well, except sweeping the floor, which just stays nasty. And showering regularly.

No comments: