Thursday, November 8, 2012

8th Day of Thankful

Today I'm thankful for our military - and especially all the men and women who serve and have served our country. Because of them, I have freedoms people in other countries cannot even imagine. I can speak out in support or opposition of my government without fear of oppression or repercussion (although I'm not sure the same can be said of putting those thoughts on Facebook). None of this would be possible if not for our military. As a military wife, I have a pretty good idea of the sacrifices made by military members and their families. I've been lucky. So many other families haven't been. How do you thank someone adequately for being willing to die for you and for your country? I'm not sure that's even possible. But I am so thankful and humbled and grateful for all of it. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments: