Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! Oh, wait...that's because I haven't.

So! North Carolina. It was brutally hot. BRU-TAL. Every pool we managed to visit had temperate water already. And they had just opened. I feel like I walked around for two weeks perpetually sweaty. Granted, all those Zumba classes added to that, but still. It was just hot and humid and sticky. Oh thank goodness for air conditioning! And cold showers!

We had a great visit. It was hard to be away from R, but he probably really needed a little peace and quiet (and a chance to miss us). It was funny that we stayed busy all the time, but didn't really DO anything. It's the kind of busy where you feel relaxed at the end of the day. I got to see my brother, his wife and their kids which was great. I got to see some friends, not everyone I wanted to, but time just went by so quickly! I dropped by one of the credit unions I used to work for to say hello to my ex co-workers. Miss those girls!! Visited with my grandmother (that's going to be it's own post in a bit). Saw a few family members, went to a pre-wedding reception, had dinner with Kim, Angie, Chris, and Caitlin, lunch with Tina, and ate some yummy, yummy food. One of the things I love the most about North Carolina is that I can just jump right back in when I visit. I know where to go for most things I need or want and I know how to get there. Oh, how I love that.

We stayed with Dad and Susan, which worked out great. They have a huge family room downstairs and the kids could go down there and be loud (because, well, they are loud) without interfering with what was happening upstairs. And they liked it down there so much (not that it had anything to do with the big TV) that they were willing to go down and play by themselves for a decent amount of time. Which, you know, YAY!  I could actually have an uninterrupted adult conversation. It was bliss!

And, I have to give props to Dad - he's lost a bunch of weight and I'm so proud of him. He looks amazing! Go Dad! It helped me to stay more on track nutrition wise while I was there. And that's hard for me because I was surrounded by amazing cooks and food and just...yum. Have I mentioned that the original Krispy Kreme is in Winston-Salem? I don't know what it is, but to me that store has the best tasting donuts on the planet. Sounds crazy, but it's still true. And when I couldn't resist the call of  'fresh hot' donuts any longer? I was able to buy one donut, take one bite, and throw the rest away. I can absolutely assure you that has never happened before. But I just wanted one taste, and one taste was enough.

After leaving NC, we went to R's mom and stepdad in Clarksville, TN for the weekend. It was nice. Also nice? It was only four hours home from there.

And now we're back home. As we left the gym this morning, T pipes up from the back seat, "I'm glad we're home, Mom."

Me too!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I need to check out this Zumba thing.