Monday, March 26, 2012

Bittersweet

March is almost over. Sara turns five this month.

Bittersweet.

Watching the kids develop their personalities, their senses of humor, their ideas of right and wrong...it's such an amazing thing to get to experience. Every day they are more like little people and less like kids. And I know that I'm totally biased, but gosh darn it, I really like these little people of mine.

Bittersweet.

It makes me wonder about Chris, although not in a sad way. He and Tucker look so much alike. I wonder if Chris was like Tucker at this age, although from what little I know, he and Sara seem more alike temperament-wise.

Bittersweet.

Tonight I was putting the kids to bed and Tucker asked me to stay with him a little longer. I know I don't have much longer that he'll want me to tuck him into bed, much less hang out in his room with him.

Bittersweet.

But isn't that my job as a parent? To raise kids who look forward to exploring the world and coming into themselves?

Still...

bittersweet.

No comments: