Saturday, November 2, 2013

Deep thoughts, only not really

I think I'm social media overexposed. Or social media-ed out.

Maybe I just feel really old today or something.

I mean, I have a Facebook account that is mostly used to keep up with other people I'm interested in versus, you know, actually calling them or anything. I also have a decrepit Twitter account that I generally tend to remember when the Twitter Gods send me an email either reminding me to use Twitter or to let me know about something they think I should think is important.

::In my best Carrie Bradshaw voiceover:: Is social media actually having the opposite of its intended effect? Are our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube obsessions actually making us less social in real life versus more virtually social? Like the tree that may or may not make a sound when it falls in the woods if no one is around, does anything that happens count if it's not immediately photographed, videoed, or Facebooked or Tweeted?

Of course, perhaps if I Instagramed every bite of food I consumed I would actually start losing weight again, so maybe I should try it before I knock it.

Gotta go and switch out the laundry. I'll spare you an uploaded photo of that and also forgo my daily selfie (okay, semi yearly selfie) because today I'm totally fine being that out of touch.

No comments: