Sunday, April 7, 2013

Belonging?

We are in our new house, 99% of all boxes are unpacked, and the moving company came on Friday and picked up all our 'moving debris'.

WHEW! Man, am I glad that's done.

The kids love the house, Robert and I love the house, and everyone that's come to see us so far has loved the house.

Here's the strange thing: three and a half years in our old house and I couldn't find my way around it in the dark. I never learned the house. It was weird. And probably a mental block since I really disliked that house from the get go.

Three weeks in our new place? I can find my way around in the dark no problem. Things that make you go hmmm.

As much as I miss my friends in Illinois (still haven't been able to make myself go to a Zumba class yet, either), I just feel like I belong in North Carolina. Trust me, no one was more surprised than I was. But I love our little town, and the feeling of community, and the fact that our neighbors have all made an effort to come and say hello (some of them with the sweetest gifts).  I love the kids are in smaller classes and that the school is five minutes away. I feel like I should go around humming the theme from Green Acres, because that kind of feels like where we are living, complete (apparently) with black bears. It's always an adventure, isn't it?!!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys have settled in. I hope to see your new place one day, and go around humming Green Acres with you ;)

You should seek out a Zumba class, it will help you feel even more at home since Zumba is a passion.

I miss you bunches and can't wait to hear of more adventures!

Unknown said...

I miss you so much. Wednesdays are not the same. Please go try a zumba class. Hugs.<3

Brooke said...

Don't worry, I will be going to a class soon! Things have been hectic and I need to find my schedule groove.I really, really hope that you guys can take a road trip here before we leave. I think you'd love the area too and there are tons of things to do and see that are really close by. Love and miss you guys - especially at Zumba time, which is often...lol!

Anonymous said...

Hi, all is going perfectly here and ofcourse every one
is sharing facts, that's truly excellent, keep up writing.

Take a look at my blog Library Relocation