Monday, June 11, 2012

Cumbia is the devil

Last summer when I was in North Carolina, my cousin Debbie told me about the gym where she got her Zumba on. They have at least two Zumba classes a day, sometimes more. It's awesome. The instructors rotate, so there's always a different feel to each class.

I was a little late to class today because I couldn't find my car keys and I had to fill out some paperwork. I walked in on a Cumbia song.

Cumbia is my least favorite Zumba step because the I cannot make the rhythm work for me. No matter what, I'm always either ahead or behind a beat or two. Frustrating.

So I freely admit, I was pleased that I had missed some of the cumbia.

And then there was another one.
Trust me, there's more to it than this.



And another one.

And another one.

And another one.

I started to giggle in the middle of the third one because come on! How many cumbia songs could there be in a Zumba class.

Five. Five Cumbias.

I've never been happier to hear a salsa.


No comments: