Sunday, October 25, 2009

And another week goes by

In just over a week, it will be time to pack up our house and truly start the move process. I feel calmer than last time by far which I'm sure has something to do with the fact that we are moving back to the States. We are, considering past moves, ahead of the game this time. We've gotten rid of most things we can't use anymore and started the deep cleaning process.

Ever since we moved into this house, there's been a certain...smell...in the downstairs bathroom. Sometimes it's much stronger than others, but it's almost always there a little bit. Well, I walked into the bathroom after going to the gym yesterday and almost gagged. Considering I'd been in there just prior to going to the gym and been fine, I'm not sure what changed in that short amount of time. Be that as it may, YUCK-O! So I grabbed our new mop and and got my Clorox and hot water on. Apparently, T had managed at some point to pee on the floor and not mention it. Ahh, but how on earth is that possible without seeing it you may wonder? Our floor is an avocado green and brown tile that could probably disguise blood as long as there wasn't too much of it. As I made the first pass with the mop, there was a noticeable smell attached that moved with me and the mop as we moved. Three wash and rinses later, the bathroom smells 'normal' but - ugh - we've been walking all over that floor for how long with it dirty? EWWWWW. Now I feel the need to just sanitize the whole house. Twice. BLECH.

It makes me wonder - if I had had kids 10 years ago, would this same stuff gross me out like this or would I just shut up and clean? Of course, I ask T - hey - did you have an accident on the bathroom floor and not tell us? And he says, yes, but I wiped it up with your towel. WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT????? Ewwwww - EWWWWWWWW. I use a towel more than once and the thought that I used a towel covered in pee to dry off or dry my hair - OMG - please just dip me in Clorox or shoot me now. Or both.

But surely I would have smelled it, right? I mean, a pee soaked towel would SMELL wouldn't it? So I ask him to show me the towel, and he points to the one I use to wipe off the shower stall when I get out of the shower. Well, okay- I mean, still EWWWWWW - but I can spray the shower with bleach water no problem. I do wonder why the towel didn't smell like the floor did though...maybe because wiping the water off the shower diluted it?!!? Sigh. So who wants to come over for dinner this week?!?!?!? LOL!

1 comment:

laura said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG.... that is soooo funny, and soooo gross. what is up with kids?? gotta love Tucker's honesty!!! thank GOD it wasn't your actual towel you dry off with. i'm thinking i'm pretty lucky to have girls so i don't have to deal with the whole aiming issue.