Friday, September 18, 2009

T logic

T had his five year wellness visit today. In order to help the doctor evaluate him, I had to fill out a questionnaire. I've been filling these out on the kids at every wellness visit since they were born, but this one was a little different in that I had to record some of this responses, and get him to do certain tasks.


As the doctor walked in, I was asking T to draw a person and he was drawing a tiny little stick figure. I hadn't realized he had developed that ability, so I was really impressed - especially since there wasn't a lot of room for him to draw.


I also had to ask him to complete certain phrases. One of the questions was "The moon shines at night. The sun shines during the ______." The answer that was expected was, of course, 'day'. T, however, said 'night'.


When I asked him about it, and expanded on it a bit further, his reply changed to "not night". heh. When R asked him about it today, what was T's reply? "Day." Of course. The doctor asked T what he does when he's hungry, looking for T to say some variation of "eat". T's reply? "I tell my mommy that my tummy is rumbly." double heh.

I love moments like this.

No comments: