Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yes, Master!

Today the kids and I semi-gussied up and headed to The Club for R's promotion ceremony. He made MSgt last year, but (and I'm a little vague on how this works) when you 'pass' the test you are assigned a number. That number determines when you actually get promoted. So R was in the low 3000's and as of tomorrow, April 1, he'll officially be the Master - if not of the universe at least of his own little corner of this base.

The kids and I are so proud of him! And in turn, R and I are proud of the kids. We had to be there 30 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start (no comment on whether it started on time since I don't wear a watch) and I'm sure it lasted at least an hour and the kids were relatively still, very quiet, and extremely well behaved. We went up to 'tap' his new rank on and S ran up the aisle and gave him a big hug - it was so really sweet and I'm grateful for my wonderful family and husband. Unfortunately, I didn't get to take any pictures of the ceremony but I'll post some if anyone that did take them sends them our way.

No comments: