Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Since I haven't blogged in ages....

Here are some quick updates and some pics to let everyone know what's been going on the last few months:

We tried many things over the last two years or so to get T to potty train. He was having none of it. Once he decided to do it, it was done in a day... go, T-man, go! (giggle)

S is now two years old - TWO!! We had a small, quiet birthday for her where she refused to eat the cake because we slid it away from her to put the candles on it. She wanted T to blow out her candles when she wasn't able to after two tries, and he was happy to oblige. She did eat the ice cream, though, and she loved all gifts she got. (thanks, everyone - thank you notes to follow!)

I've got one more class to go before I get my Masters in Adult Education. It's been a long, weary road and I will be happy to be finished, regularly get a full night's sleep, and see where this leads.

We've actually seen the sun more than twice in the last month. Yahoo! There's hope that spring will arrive, we won't need the heat on in the house in June, and we'll get orders (sometime in July, we think) to somewhere we really want to go.
T is really doing well in school with his speech therapy and he loves to come home and tell US how to correctly pronounce the word of the day. heh!
S is anxious to start school too, and whenever I drop off T she tries to join in on the fun, so I end up dragging her out of the room (generally screaming bloody murder). I used to think I wanted to be famous when I was younger - but this was totally not what I had in mind.

Our friends Paul and Polly had their baby - Keenan last week. We are so happy for you guys and love you all. Can't wait to see you and the little one.

T and S - all sacked out. Ahh..... the blessed quiet.

No comments: