Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year

Wow! No blog entry in a month. I didn't realize it had been that long. Expect a lot of little entries in the next few days as I try to catch up.

First the complaining. (as always, right?) I'm cold. Cold as in constantly in possession of a blanket AND walking around the house in as many clothes as I can put on. The problem with that comes in because I've always been hot so I don't have a lot of very warm clothes. I spend lots of time hovering around the radiator of whichever room I'm in to try and stay warm. I've also become a door harpie - as in "CLOSE THE DOOR!" We have a ton of interconnecting rooms and I promise you, leave just one of those doors open and there's literally a breeze. I look forward to cooking because it's the only way the kitchen gets warmer. The problem with that is that the oven works best because it has a fan that blows out some of the hot air, I guess as a way of venting?!? So I love to have the oven on. If the oven's on, then I need to be baking something, right? Otherwise it's just a waste of energy. So...we've had a lot of brownies and cakes lately. Not so good for trying to lose weight. Too bad I'm not shivering the calories off.

S walks around in her hat, coat, gloves and shoes most of the time. I've almost decided that the floors are what make the rooms seem so cold, because the living room is about 65 degrees, but it feels like 50 sometimes. We are supposed to be getting heating oil delivered this week, and for the first day, I'm going to turn the radiators in the living room and playroom as high as they can go and pull the couch or chairs up in front of them. It will be better than watching TV. Seriously.

No comments: