Thursday, April 23, 2009

Saving the worst for last - part 2? 3? 4?

STUPID COMPUTERS!

Okay, let’s try this again. For the fourth time. (mumbling under my breath)

I knew this week was going to be busy. Friday night is the Dining In, and I have my doubts about a few of the people that have said they are going to help. I base this on the one thing I have always agreed with Dr. Phil about – the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. And based on the past behavior of one of the people that’s supposed to show up and help me decorate tomorrow – I’m pretty certain that I’ll be there by myself. There are worse things of course, but it’s just been a frustrating week and this isn’t helping.

I’m just into the second week of my last Master’s class. Since starting this program, we’ve had learning teams in almost every class. I’ve been extremely lucky with my learning team thus far – even though there have been procrastinating team mates, the work always gets done and submitted by deadline. With this learning team, however, we’ve missed one deadline already, we have two assignments due this week and no one has done jack s**t towards it. I’m so frustrated! The other three individuals don’t seem the least bit concerned. But I work hard for my grades and I really, really don’t feel like having my GPA ruined by these slackers. So I’m mentally preparing myself to do it all alone. Not the best way to handle it, but between this same situation happening in three different areas of my life right now, I’m losing patience. If you say you’re going to do something, freakin’ do it. ON TIME.

To take a break and vent via this blog, I popped in a movie and gave the kids a bowl of popcorn, which S decided to dump on top of the new rug, then stomp on and walk through. This follows her parlor trick of dumping out the entire first aid kit and walking on that too when I was trying to put a bandage on T’s face after he fell off the wall at the edge of our property into some ivy and sticks. Luckily he was only about three feet off the ground instead of higher and he escaped with minor scrapes and a bumped nose. But he wailed for a good five minutes because I think it really scared him. Poor kid. He’s going to end up with a nose like Michael Jackson if he keeps up this pace of damage.

So, now I’ve got to get our resident diva, the divine Miss S to clean up her mess while keeping T away from it so that he doesn’t do it for her. Any why he’s willing to clean up her mess and not his own is a mystery to me. And as I just looked up from my computer, they are both asleep. It’s 4:45 here and if they sleep now, they won’t sleep tonight. If they don’t sleep tonight, I won’t be able to get any school work done. If I don’t get any schoolwork done, I’m in deep doo-dah because the entire day tomorrow is shot between the dining in and getting ready for the garage sale we are participating in on Saturday. And, since it looks like I’m going to be doing two team projects solo – I guess the smart thing to do is accept that there will be no sleep for me until this class ends, at which point I never ever have to see or talk to these lazy-assed ‘team mates’ again. And could someone PLEASE tell me how people that can not form a coherent sentence or agree verb tenses within a sentence make it all the way through a Masters’ program and actually freakin’ GRADUATE. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note to anyone who is interested – since I’ve been typing in Word, I haven’t had a single incident of magically disappearing text. And, Word spell checks as I go. So…PHBTTTTTTTTTT Blogger. You are so on my “I don’t like you list” today, along with most of the rest of the world. Who needs a Midol? I do, I do!!!!!

No comments: