Friday, August 29, 2008

3 Room Circus

We've been in the house two weeks now. How we could fill up a house that's easily twice the size of our old apartment without buying anything new (with the execption of some rugs) is a complete mystery to me. Maybe I should call Nancy Drew. I guess the title could be "The Case of the Endless Junk" or maybe "The Case of the House full of Nothing".


R took a day off this week so that I could actually get most of the boxes unpacked. We made headway, but we aren't done yet. At least I only feel a little hopeless when I walk into the boxes room as opposed to completely hopeless.


The kids are so happy here, though. Every time we go to the base where we used to live T says, "Noooooo Mom. Lets go to Pink House". Pink house is what he calls this house, only it's not really pink..it's more terra cotta-ish. When I assure him that we are only going to the store or the BX or where ever, he calms right down. I even got three warm showers IN A ROW. Which means, of course, that I'm feeling a lot more human and reasonable than last week. It's also been warmer, so I've had a few days that my feet have been warm without shoes on. Woohoo. It's always the small things isn't it?

No comments: