Monday, January 21, 2008

Update on T

We went to the doctor to have the bandages changed today. T was hesitant (and quite vocal about that) to have this done, so I got to jump in and help. This also means I got to see his finger, which I wasn't sure I wanted to do, but it looked great. Other than the stitches, and the fact that it began to bleed when we removed the pressure bandage, you'd never know how horrible it looked on Friday.

The bones are in alignment, the shape of the finger is normal - all is well. The bandages have to be changed every few days so that the healing process can be monitored for any glitches, stitches have to stay in for two weeks, he'll have to wear the splint for a few more weeks, but after the finger has finished healing, it will be very difficult to tell there was actually an injury there.

And T hasn't slowed down a bit since it happened, so all is well that ends well. That, combined with the third day in a row of nothing going wrong, and I'm starting to feel like I'm on a mini vacation. Now, if I could just get well myself and quit coughing all night long, I'd feel like I'd won the lottery.

No comments: