Thursday, January 26, 2017

New Beginnings

I started this blog in 2007 (or 2008, I can't really remember) when we lived in Germany and the kids were babies. I did it partly because it's easier to write things down once and share them than to individually let people know what was going on with us. I should also mention that I am the absolute WORST when it comes to keeping in touch. I have a difficult time telling just how much people mean it when they say things like 'Keep in touch!' or 'Let me know how you are doing!'.  So the blog was a way to tell my story and then people could come if they wanted to know (or not). It also helped me to see things in a humorous light. That's something I have to work really hard to do, and it's been extremely beneficial.

Now, the kids are older and emphatically do NOT care to have my view of their lives shared via blog or Facebook, and I completely respect that. I'm trying to stress the importance of responsibility with social media to them; one of the better ways to do that is to lead by example. 

Therefore, henceforth, etc. 

I am starting a new blog. I have no idea if I will write more or less often than I have been, but I'm hoping for more. My family and I have a lot of changes coming in the next year and I'm pretty sure I'll need a healthy outlet to help me cope. I hope all of you will follow me to the new space, I'm still trying to figure out the title and whatnot. I'll post a link here as soon as I've got it up and running.

My new blog is called Becoming Fearless and the website is BrookieDahl.blogspot.com because every single title I came up with was unavailable as a web address.  

To all of you that visited - even once - and read my words - thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

I hope you will come with me for new adventures. I'm changing and I want to share that and my journey with all of you. 

Much love, 
Brooke

No comments: