Saturday, December 6, 2008

With a wink and a smile

The other night, I was up late working on a project when I looked up to see T lurking in the shadows of the playroom. It's been a while since he's done this, so I knew something was up. Turns out, all that he wanted was his pull up changed and to put on his pajamas. (There are nights when he simply does not want to change into pj's and we think it's because his room stays so cool, even when the heat is all the way up in there.)

So, we change his pull up and put on his pj's. He stands up, smiles, gives me the head nod (you know the one - the slight jerk upward to acknolwedge your existence) and a wink and says, "Mom, will you come lay down with me?" And I started to giggle, so he did too. And I thought - man! How do they know at four or three or two how to just make you do exactly what they want? But I can just see T in high school, years from now, giving that same nod, wink, and smile combination to some girl that's either going to be totally helpless to resist or will crush him like an empty soda can. I'm not ready for either scenario yet.

No comments: